Humanitarian & Compassionate Ground
This class of immigration is available in extenuating circumstances, It is for people who would not normally be eligible to become permanent residents of Canada may be able to apply on humanitarian and compassionate grounds. Humanitarian and compassionate grounds apply to people with exceptional cases. These applications are assessed on a case-by-case basis. Factors which are considered include:
- how settled the person is in Canada
- general family ties to Canada
- the best interests of any children involved, and
- what could happen to you if you do not get permanent residence in Canada
You may use this category to apply for permanent residence from within Canada on humanitarian and compassionate grounds (H&C) if you:
- are a foreign national currently living in Canada;
- need an exemption from one or more requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA);
- believe humanitarian and compassionate considerations justify granting the exemption(s) you need; and
- are not eligible to apply for permanent residence from within Canada in any of these classes:
- Spouse or Common-Law Partner;
- Live-in Caregiver;
- Caregivers: caring for children or people with high medical needs;
- Protected Person and Convention Refugees; and
- Temporary Resident Permit Holder.
This class is for people who do not meet regular requirement immigration act and regulations, but their circumstances warrant humanitarian and compassionate considerations.
If you meet the above requirements, please Contact West End Immigration.