Post Graduate Work Permit

  • Home
  • Post Graduate Work Permit
Our Appoinment Service Call Us
+1 604 760 9695

    Free Immigration Assessment

    Post Graduate Work Permit

    For International Students after their studies can apply for Post Graduate work permit In Canada 

    You may be eligible for a post-graduation work permit (PGWP) if you graduated from a  Designated Learning institution which is one the accepted post-secondary institute for the post-graduation work permit. This allows students to stay for a longer time who want to stay in Canada temporary for work.

    International students can only receive one Post-Graduation Work Permit from IRCC, so it’s important to take advantage of that opportunity.

    Find out if you are eligible for a PGWP

    To be eligible for a Post-Graduation Work Permit, international students must have:

    • Completed studies in Canada at least of eight months long at an eligible Post-Secondary Institute.
      • Study programs must lead to a degree, diploma or certificate.
    • Should behave full-time student status in Canada during every semester of the program or programs of study completed and included as part of their post-graduation work permit application;
    • Provide proof of completion of the program by submitting a transcript and an official letter from the institute;
    • The transcript and official letter must be included in a post-graduation work permit application.

    Deadline to Apply: 180 Days after obtaining a transcript

    Ineligible Applicants

    International students are ineligible to apply if they:

    • have previously been issued a post-graduation work permit
    • received funding from Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
    • participated in the Government of Canada Awards Program funded by GAC
    • obtained the Equal Opportunity Scholarship, Canada–Chile
    • participated in the Canada–China Scholars’ Exchange Program
    • participated in the Organization of American States Fellowships Program
    • completed the majority of the credits toward the completion of their program of study by distance learning
    • completed a program of study delivered by a non-Canadian institution located in Canada, regardless of the length of stay in Canada.

    If you meet the above requirements, please Contact West End Immigration.