Post Graduate Work Permit
For International Students after their studies can apply for Post Graduate work permit In Canada
You may be eligible for a post-graduation work permit (PGWP) if you graduated from a Designated Learning institution which is one the accepted post-secondary institute for the post-graduation work permit. This allows students to stay for a longer time who want to stay in Canada temporary for work.
International students can only receive one Post-Graduation Work Permit from IRCC, so it’s important to take advantage of that opportunity.
Find out if you are eligible for a PGWP
To be eligible for a Post-Graduation Work Permit, international students must have:
- Completed studies in Canada at least of eight months long at an eligible Post-Secondary Institute.
- Study programs must lead to a degree, diploma or certificate.
- Should behave full-time student status in Canada during every semester of the program or programs of study completed and included as part of their post-graduation work permit application;
- Provide proof of completion of the program by submitting a transcript and an official letter from the institute;
- The transcript and official letter must be included in a post-graduation work permit application.
Deadline to Apply: 180 Days after obtaining a transcript
International students are ineligible to apply if they:
- have previously been issued a post-graduation work permit
- received funding from Global Affairs Canada (GAC)
- participated in the Government of Canada Awards Program funded by GAC
- obtained the Equal Opportunity Scholarship, Canada–Chile
- participated in the Canada–China Scholars’ Exchange Program
- participated in the Organization of American States Fellowships Program
- completed the majority of the credits toward the completion of their program of study by distance learning
- completed a program of study delivered by a non-Canadian institution located in Canada, regardless of the length of stay in Canada.
If you meet the above requirements, please Contact West End Immigration.